Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Persistence

Yesterday, I was thinking about Persistence. It came up in my thoughts a few times actually, and regarding different matters. So of course, I googled a picture, but I came across two that I like, and didn't want to choose between them.


Here is the first one:

This first quote, to me, tells you that it doesn't matter if you are not the stronger one, if you continue to do something, you will eventually get through.

Here is the second picture:


This is also an interesting quote. "If there is no struggle there is no progress". In other words, don't give up, if you don't struggle a little, you won't get any further.



One of the reasons I was thinking of persistence is with this fundraiser for Blood cancers that I was doing. There were many times when I could have given up. I was dedicated to raising $3500, and that's a lot of money to raise. I went out door to door raising a few times, and I'd say about 90-95% of the houses either answered and said no, or didn't answer the door at all when I could clearly see that they were home, either peeping through the windows or had about 4 cars in the driveway! One lady even came, opened the door and before I even said anything, she said "Not interested" very rudely and shut the door. Someone told me I should of said "Oh I was just coming to tell you that you won something, but if you're not interested, I'll leave again!" Haha, how rude though! I would have prefered if she would have been the one of many that just didn't answer the door at all!

There was one time I went out, and I was at the 5th house of either No's or Ignores, and I actually was right beside my car. I was so close to just giving up and getting back in the car and going home. Something nudged me to go on though, so I decided to at least finish the street, and you know what, the very next house donated $5! So then I was not so discouraged. There was even one man that had said no, and by the time I made it around the cul-de-sac, I was across from his house again at another house, and when I left the door to come back on the street (from yet another Ignore) He came out of his house over to me and gave me some change, he said "I had to give you something, I see you out here going to all the doors so I thought I would come give you some change". I believe I had tears in my eyes as I thanked him, because he could have easily forgot about me once he shut the door, and this was right after the rude lady. To me, this is persistence, to keep going and not give up, you don't know who may be watching, and what opportunities you may miss.

Speaking of opportunities. I will leave you with a note that an Arbonne leader gave us that someone told her:

A man told her that he believes when we get to Heaven, there will be 3 big screens in front of us. The first one will be all the wrong things you did in life. The last screen would be all good things you did in life. He feels that this screen will be much shorter then his first. The middle screen though, is the worse screen to look at. It's the list of all the opportunities that you missed out on.

Just something for everyone to think about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment