Monday, April 25, 2011

Adversity

A friend inspired this blog today when she mentioned adversity, so I googled a good picture to go with it, and found this one. I think the picture with this quote is perfect to how I feel. "A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make the turn". Let me elaborate a little. In my mind, this means that yes it's true, you will not have straight perfect roads all throughout life, no one said life is perfect. There will be winding, bumpy roads at times. When you come to a turn in the road though, don't let it get to you, take that turn and see where it leads you. You never know what will be around that turn. Sometimes you have to take risks in life. It may not always work out how you want it to, but I'm a strong believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason. I learned that from my mother, and I stick to it.

You have to let adversity make you stronger. As the saying goes, learn from your mistakes, or what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The list goes on with these little "quirks" we hear, but truly think about these little sayings, and what they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment