Monday, April 18, 2011

Commitment

Since Spring is here, I decided to "Spring Clean" my blog. This picture above hit home for me. I'm someone that always likes to keep busy and do new things. The problem is, I have to make sure I commit to them. Like this blog for instance, take a look at my posts, I lose interest and stop posting. I have to make time for this blog, it's something I wanted to keep up with, because these days it's much easier to keep an online journal than it is to keep a written journal, since we're online all the time! So if I can be on Facebook for sometimes hours if I get sucked in like a lot of us seem to do, then I should be able to commit to my blog for even just 5-10 minutes a day. It's a healthy thing to keep a blog, did you know that? It lets you express your feelings, get them out in the open. For me it's probably healthy, because if I'm writing down what I'm thinking, then maybe I won't be up all night thinking of things and not sleeping like I always seem to do! Anyways, back to commitment. As you have seen in previous posts, I'm running a half marathon, and lately I'm not running as much as I should, mainly because last week I was feeling crappy, so I didn't do my runs, then of course you know what happens...COUCH POTATO SETS IN. Then it tries to take over, and boy, lemme tell you, it can easily take over. Then it's hard to get back into your running, but today on my lunch break, I forced myself to go, and bam! Just one run in, and I already feel much better. Now let me pick up for myself a bit though, it's not like I was a total couch potato these past couple of weeks. I did get things done. I'm raising money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada, and as a way of raising money I've been doing paintings for donations, so I've been working on that, but if I commited to it a little more, I would of got a lot more done in a shorter period of time, instead of watching TV and surfing the web. Anyways, it's bed time now, so I will get to bed and post again tomorrow..hear that, tomorrow, so I'm commiting to it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment