Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just as I suspected

Yep, I'm hurting today. Stairs make me cringe right now, but pain is gain!! I also did a bad thing today, it was without knowledge, so I swear I won't do it again *shame on me*. Today I figured I would have an energy drink instead of a coffee. It was in the fridge and came out of a box, which sadly, the box was thrown away so I didn't see the nutritional facts. It was a Red Rain Acai-Blu with Taurine. Yeah it all sounded fine and dandy, except when I googled it I find out it has the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar!! Bah! A little crazy, don't you think?



Food today:

Breakfast - Bowl of Kashi Cereal and 1% milk (250 calories)

Mid-morning - Red Rain Energy drink (120 calories)

Lunch - Chicken Brochette with veggies and Brocoli soup (From Score's, and I didn't eat the bun!) (500 calories)

Snack - 10 almonds (70 calories)

Supper - Tuna salad, crackers and yogurt (210 calories)



So even though I had an overload of sugar, I still only had 1150 calories. :) Also, notice that I ate a smaller supper because I had a lot of food for lunch!

As for exercise, I'm recovering today from yesterday's work out, but since it was mostly a leg work out, I'm doing some exercises on my Ball tonight. Will record later.

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention the drink....I just finished listning to a talk show where they are trying to ban kids from buying these due to the HUGE amount of caffeine AND sugar. Apparently kids are buying too many of them and getting the jolt of caffeine all the time rotting their teeth with the HIGH amounts of sugar.

    Congrats on the awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Are you trying to only consume a certain amount of calories or what's the scoop here? I would kiiiinda count Saturday as as write-off though lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm thinking Saturday will be a cheat day, I'll have to work out extra hard Saturday morning and possibly Sunday, lol.

    Yes, I'm trying to have an average of around 1200-1300 a day. If I know I'm working out a lot that day though, I will consume more for energy.

    ReplyDelete