Monday, November 15, 2010

Gonna hurt tomorrow

I thought I would also throw in what I'm eating, because I know I'll try to eat healthier when I have to post it on here for the world to see, haha, and no, I will not lie! When working out, protein is very important to eat because it builds muscle. This increases your metabolism, and helps you burn more fat. Someone once told me that her personal trainer told her the last year of her working out was basically a waste, because she wasn't taking in enough protein which is why she was not seeing results. So I am trying my best to take in protein when I can.



Food for the day:

Breakfast - Honey Nut Cheerios, with 1% milk (approx. 200 calories)

Snack - Tuna Salad kit with crackers (170 calories)

Lunch - 6 inch Tuna melt sub on multi-grain bread with veggie toppings (approx 450 calories)

Snack - 10 almonds (70 calories)

Supper - Healthy Choices Balsamic Chicken dinner (320 calories)

I also had 10 jujubes..which is shockingly 180 calories



This is a total of 1390 calories, which is not too shabby at all.



*On a side note, I'm at work most days during supper time. I found these Healthy Choices microwavable dinners, they are pretty good! It's the one that steams your food, and they have lots of choices, I've been eating them almost every day lately, and still not bored of them yet!



Exercise:



I have a membership at a local recreation centre, and it includes their fitness classes. They have a fitness class during lunch time on Monday's and Friday's. I've been going to the Monday one lately, and I like it. It's called Cardio Fusion. Well, today I went, but the normal instructor was away, so the Friday lunch time teacher substituted, and boy oh boy, I'm gonna hurt tomorrow, and probably Wednesday as well. This teacher's name is Jen, she teaches a sculpt class on Fridays, and she incorporated that class with the Cardio Fusion. We used weights and did God only knows how many lunges and squats, I hope I can walk tomorrow. We also did jumping jacks, mountain climber, football run, and skiing. It was a great workout, and I will for sure start going to her Friday classes, even if I curse her name tomorrow and the day after. I like the classes when you can feel it's working! Anyways, that's it for today, tune in again tomorrow!

P.S - I know it's not the end of the day yetm but I won't be eating anything else today, and if I do, I will log it later!

2 comments:

  1. Okay for some reason my time is messed up, I posted this a lot later then 1 pm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Ashley...so reading yours and Erins...we can be like the tripod bloggers! lol

    Those dinners sound good...definitely need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete